Mouth-watering Taco de Camaron made for you
Taco is a traditional Mexican cuisine that consists of a folded tortilla and topped with fillings. It is quick and effortless to make and have exploding flavour combinations.
In this recipe, we are making the Tacos de Camaron. This shrimp-filled taco is infused in the Mexican flavour, pan-seared and ready in a jiffy! There are three main components: shrimp fillings, other taco fillings and the taco sauce. The combination of them will make you drool and, all you need is 25min for a serving of 4. Let's start cooking!
Ingredients for Shrimp Fillings
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 500g fresh shrimp, Peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for Other Taco Fillings
- 8 yellow corn tortillas (small)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup of grated Cotija cheese
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime (cut into 8 wedges)
Ingredients for Taco Sauce
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 medium lime, squeezed (juice)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Dry shrimp with a paper towel. In a bowl, add the all ingredients for shrimp and stir.
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, cook both sides of the shrimp.
- Toast 8 tortillas for 10s/ side until lightly charred.
- Add lime wedges & tortillas to serving plate.
- Then add cabbage, red onion, capsicum, cilantro and shrimp to each tortilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the taco sauce ingredients.
- Ready to serve.
There you go! Buen Provecho!
If you are wondering where to get this locally-farmed fresh shrimp, you can purchase it at nature’s hug and we will deliver it straight from the farm to you!