30 Minute Meals! Shrimp Pad Thai
We try our hands at the traditional thai classic dish for a quick 30 minute meal prep!
Using mostly locally sourced ingredients, we wanderlust to the land of smiles in a jiffy.
- 4 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/2 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 80 g tofu, cut into bite size
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set.
- Add the green onions, mungbeans, tofu cubes, soy sauce, fish sauce, Cayenne pepper and peanuts; heat through.
- Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with lime and cilantro.