Home-cooked Assam Pedas Jade Perch in 20 Minutes!
Assam Pedas Fish is a traditional Malaysian cuisine that is sour, spicy, and incredibly satisfying. It is spicy, tangy, appetizing and perfect with rice. While there are countless variations, you will not want to miss this recipe out!
- 1 Jade Perch (Cut into the size you want)
- 2 tomatoes (Cut into 6 wedges)
- 8 lady fingers
- 1 bundle of kangkong
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fish curry powder
- 125ml of tamarind juice
- 250ml water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (Just the white parts)
- 8 shallots
- 5 - 8 dried chillies
- 1 tsp belachan
- Firstly, chop all paste ingredients into smaller chunks. Then, blend them in a food processor until fine.
- Next, add vegetable oil and stir fry the finely blended paste until fragrant.
- Add in tamarind, water and fish curry powder. Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the tomato wedges, lady finger and kang kong till it boils.
- Pour in Jade Perch and sugar. Simmer till the fish is cooked.
- You can couple it with a bowl of hot steamy rice too.
There you go! A scrumptious Assam Pedas Jade Perch for you to enjoy.
If you are wondering where to get this Australian Jade Perch, you can purchase it at nature’s hug and we will deliver it straight from the farm to you!